Use this form to submit your entry. Upload scanned story clip(s) using the upload button at the bottom of the form. The contest rules are posted below the form.
- Stories published in newspapers based in Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee and Utah are not eligible to participate. The winners of the public notice reporting category in the state press association contests in those states are automatically entered into the PNRC contest.
- The deadline for receipt of entries is the close-of-business on Friday, Jan. 27, 2017. Only entries received prior to the deadline will qualify.
- To qualify, an entry must feature a reported story (or a series of stories) based on a public notice that was published in a newspaper. The story must reference the public notice.
- For purposes of this award, a public notice is an announcement or disclosure the law requires a private party or governmental entity to publish in a statutorily qualified newspaper.
- Stories must have been published in print in calendar year 2016.
- Editorials or opinion pieces about public notice DO NOT qualify.
- Clippings must be scanned or saved from print copies of the newspaper and uploaded via the form as a PDF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, DOC or DOCX file. (There’s a 10MB limit on uploads.) The date of publication should appear somewhere on a clipping.
- Contestants are free to include a brief cover letter (one single-spaced page or less) for judges that provides context about the story and/or its impact. The letter should be uploaded along with the other story file(s).
- If the entry is a series of stories, include only the most descriptive headline in the “Headline” field.